15 Egregious Sci-Fi Movie Plot Holes You May Never Noticed
6. Why was Obi Wan’s idea of “hiding” Luke Skywalker involve NOT changing his name and raising him on the same planet where his father was born?
Because the best way to hide a child from their parent who is crazy powerful in space magic is to allow his uncle to raise him on the same planet where his father grew up. With the same last name. A foolproof plan.
7. Why don’t Marty’s parents recognize him from their past?
At no point when Marty is growing up do they think “Hey, our son looks an AWFUL lot like that guy who got us together and radically changed our lives.” Clearly not the most perceptive parents.
8. Don’t feed the Gremlins after midnight, except it’s ALWAYS after midnight
It. Is. Always. After. Midnight.
9. How did Whiplash know Tony Stark was going to be on the track?
Did he just assume Tony was gonna drive that day? What if he had stayed in the restaurant? Or left? Seems like an awfully big gamble.
10. Why wouldn’t the human race just bomb Pandora?
At the end of Avatar, the humans are defeated and all the Na’vi were very happy and Sam Worthington had a lovely blue girlfriend. But what made them think that that when the defeated soldiers got back to Earth, our world leaders wouldn’t have decided to just blow that planet out of existence? Because that’s absolutely what would have happened.